Saturday, May 1, 2010

"Don't look for the exotic until you discover the basics"

This is a Jim Rohn quote that I like a lot. Playing basketball when I was a little boy, my Dad used to tell me something very similar to this. He was telling me not to try complicated moves but to try first the simple ones, and then try the more difficult shots.

Maybe it's just a part of the human nature to go after something that is more than what we can do, comprehend or accomplish at first! Even though, (and I'm working on that) we have to find a way to understand the basics first so we can move on the next level of difficulty.
It's hard for me to discipline myself but I just have to do it! It's like trying to run under 10 seconds a 100-meter race before learning how to walk! I know it's an extreme analogy but I guess my point is clear now!

No comments:

Post a Comment