Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Change thinking and habits to become better

My habits determine all that i'm doing.

It's very naive to say it like this but the more I look at it, I realize that overall, I am who I am by the things that I'm usually doing. Moreover, I am who I am by how I am thinking. In my quest of becoming a better me, I need to dig deeper into what I want to become in life in order to refine my current philosophy (almost like Jim Rohn used to say).

It is really hard for me to do it as my thoughts and actions are so deep in my mind that even the I have the will to change, it is not strong enough right now. My focus and concentration are not at a high level which makes it even more difficult for me to achieve what I want to achieve.

As a matter of fact, looking back at what I was able to accomplish up until now, my drive, my focus and determination had come from being optimistic about an uncertain future. Listening to audiobooks by Jim Rohn or Brian Tracy, and realizing successful people have always been driven and most of all have always been doing things that if reproduce would let anybody achieve what's on their mind. Like Aristotle said: "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit."
So in order for to change my outcome, my output, my results, I "simply" need to change the way I think to expect different and better results in my life.

So far, I've been thinking, therefore, doing different and it has already given me some signs of change. I will write again on that and see what's new and good will happen to me next week. I want to commit to write down what's happening to me from now on with my change of thinking.

I will push myself not to think like I use to in order to obtain different and better results. Not that what I did in the past was totally wrong but I just want to improve what I have been doing and be a better me!

No comments:

Post a Comment