Monday, October 19, 2009

What is Personal Development for me?

Hi everyone,

anybody who heard about "Personal Development" must know about Jim Rohn. From the first time I heard about him, I have been inspired everytime I listen to one of his audio message.
In "4 questions to ponder", Jim Rohn asks four powerful questions to anybody.
1/ "WHY?
Why work this hard?
Why take that many classes?
Why go to school that many years?
Why take the notes? Why read the books?
Why go through the push-ups and the disciplines?"

All those questions can relate to all of us. That is also why I think this serie of questions is powerful. Anyone can see himself or herself going to class or reading a book!
For him, the best answer to "Why" is the second question...

2/ "Why not?"
Why not see how many books you can read?
Why not see how many classes you can take?
Why not see how many skills you can develop?
Why not see how valuable you can become?"



Usually, people look at money as the main goal in life. Always trying to have more money, always trying to have the highest wages?
In my life, so far, i've been in situations where I didn't have that much money, where I had money and where I didn't have enough money. Looking back, I always knew it was possible to get more money, by working harder or by knowing the right person to have the job I wanted (along with the high wages).
After listening to Jim Rohn's "Four questions to ponder", it appears to me that the most difficult challenge I've had so far not being able to achieve is to develop my potential to the highest degree. I was always able to get and show the skills needed for an interview but was that my overall limit? I don't think so!

Everybody has this "inside voice" that tells us:" you can do much better" or "you worth much more than that!". We are all scared to a certain degree about not having enough money to pay our bills or to do what ever we want to do. So far, (and I'm knocking on wood at the same time!! ^^), I never really lacked of money. So money isn't really a challenge I guess! But what's for sure is that I know I haven't reached my full potential! I haven't showed all the things that I can bring!

"Personal Development" means much more to me. Just like Jim Rohn said:"Why not see what I can make of my life?". That question to me is the most challenging question noone ever asked me!!!

My name is Lionel and I thank you for reading my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment